Wednesday 14 June 2017




Yesterday I was with a friend, and while we spoke the issue of money became part of the conversation. He spoke about all the things he would do when he has money, you know the normal talk and please don’t pretend because at some point we had either fantasized or even said the things we will do. Speaking  about doing this and that is not bad; the only issue was the things he wanted to do with the money like buy a fancy car, go on luxury trips, etc. I believe our meeting was kind of timely and fate wanted our path to cross yesterday because I haven’t seen him in a while. Secondly I met him when the topic we have chosen to talk about this week is riches. From our previous discussions if you recall we mentioned what constitutes real riches and money or financial security/freedom was the least though very common. Due to popular demand we will be talking about that today and I hope that very good friend of mine is reading this because he was actually the inspiration for this.
One of the reasons why people remain in a particular financial state is because of the perception they have about money. People see money as a tool to just acquire possessions that they want and not what they need. In real sense most people are like kids buying toys that they don’t really need, only difference is since they are much older, they need older toys thus the toy car they wanted as kids translate to a fancy car, the amusement park they wanted to go to translate to luxury trips. Now, don’t get me wrong I believe is good to give yourself a treat once in a while but the purpose of you doing that is very important. Most people who do most of the things I spoke of above usually don’t have a good financial plan, the spend way above what they have without plans of getting what they have spent back.
Sometimes I blame most of this on pop culture and I will tell you why; most people especially youths love and adore music stars, movie star, models etc. this people usually portray a life style of extravagance and luxury to their viewers which I believe is all part of entertainment, but what their audience pick out of all this is the lifestyle. So what do you expect from a young lady who sees ‘’Keeping Up With The Kardashians’’ all the time. She would model her life after them and would literally want to keep up with them same applies to a young man who patronize a similar show. If most of these stars could actually take their time and show their audience the sacrifice, energy and sweat they put into their craft, I believe it will do a lot more for their audience. Now let me ask do you feel that these superstars run their show without a good financial plan? I believe certainly not.
Before I go let me give you this advice; if you want to know how to use your money, don’t look at a rapper, actor or model look at people like Bill Gates, Richard Brandson, Elon Musk, Mark Zukerberg, Jack Ma etc. Follow their examples get into their minds and know the way they think via their books and publications. You would be surprised what you will learn. Our next discussion will be on how to use money wisely, to ensure you don’t run dry of cash. So this is where I leave you for today, like I always say keep working towards success and I will definitely see you at the top SAAKPE(that is goodbye in TIV language).

No comments:

Post a Comment